Organic Cacao Shells
When your sweet tooth calls but you’re conscious of calories, Cacao is the way to go!
Our Cacao blend has all the flavour of chocolate but none of the kilojoules, as its sole ingredient is cacao husks that have traditionally been a waste product from chocolate making. The husk is the shell that surrounds the cacao bean.
Brewing these cacao husks creates a surprisingly sweet and chocolatey tea, with little need for sugar and a whole lot of good for your body.
Who knew a healthy hot chocolate was actually possible?!
We also love its gentle pick-me-up effects. Cacao contains a natural stimulant, theobromine, that is known to be a milder stimulant than caffeine. Rather than the steep energy spike and crash that caffeine provides, theobromine helps you feel well rested and refreshed.
- When used as a sugar free dessert option, Cacao helps control caloric intake
- Contains antioxidants which can help to protect against cell damage
- Cacao shells contain theobromine rather than caffeine, which is known for being a gentler stimulant that also has mood lifting effects
- Caffeine free
- Contains a gentler stimulant, theobromine
- Available in 3 sizes: Sample (3 serves), Box (25 serves) or Refill (50 serves)
- Packaged in compostable and recyclable packaging.
- Our sample, box and refill tea sizes are sealed in plant based compostable packaging that will quickly break down in your home compost. Our tea boxes and small tea tubes are recyclable.
Organic cacao shells